Freelance ThinkOrSwim Work
I do freelance work on the side for users who have an idea for an indicator they want to create, and just don’t quite know how to implement it on their own. If you are interested in having a custom thinkScript indicator, strategy, chart study, scan, or watchlist column programmed, I can do that for you. I’ve done custom thinkScript work for many traders through popular freelancing sites as well as independently here on the site. I’ve also done all of my own premium ThinkOrSwim downloads here on the as well. In my programming I always emphasize making everything flexible (no hard-coded values), clean code, and good documentation so that it’s easy for users to customize later.
Who Is Josiah?
That would be me.
I’m a nerdy, introverted, early rising, carnivorous, guitar playing, real estate investing, day trading, computer programming, world traveling, mountain climbing, aspiring goofball and action hero. I’m married to my high school sweetheart and we have 3 kids and live in the Nashville area. As far as programming credentials, I earned a BBA and an MS in Computer Information Systems so, theoretically at least, I should know my way around a computer. You’re welcome to stalk me on my personal site, twitter or facebook.
Custom ThinkScript Programming Rates & Policies
Flat Rates for Custom Work:
- Scan with optional Text/Email Alerts: $100
- Quote Column: $100
- Chart Study/Indicator with optional Sound/Message Center Alerts: $200
- Strategy with optional Sound/Message Center Alerts: $300
Flat Rates for Combos:
- Scan + Quote Column Combo: $150
- Indicator + (either Scan OR Quote Column) Combo: $250
- Indicator + Scan + Quote Column: $300
- Strategy + (either Scan OR Quote Column) Combo: $350
- Strategy + Indicator + Scan + Quote Column Combo: $400
- Paypal: https://paypal.me/josiahredding
- Square (Credit/Debit Cards): https://cash.me/$josiahredding
- Coinbase (Bitcoin/Crypto): https://commerce.coinbase.com/checkout/9a139b26-cb75-4815-a453-a5a05edf84ec
These prices include time spent hashing out the details, and getting clarification of the requirements, 1 revision after the fact if there is a misunderstanding or miscommunication about the actual requirements, and unlimited revisions if I understand the requirements but I simply make a programming error. Rates also include a walk-through demo video/screencast after the project is complete so you’ll know how to install it and adjust settings. I can usually complete most projects within those minimum flat rates, but if it’s a more complex project, I will tailor a custom quote for you. I give free estimates up front via the email form below. I don’t do phone calls, so please don’t ask. I hate telephones. Hence, I became a trader and programmer, not a stock broker or something. But honestly, if you really need to chat on the phone, it’s better for both of us if you just find another programmer. My mind just works better when I’m not being constantly interrupted by phone calls. As a side note, I might suggest that yours probably does too, but that could just be a personal preference. 🙂
Anyway, after we work out the details via email, I will send you a payment link (usually Paypal or Square Cash but I’m happy to use Bitcoin or Goldmoney too). Once payment is received, I will get to work on the project, and if I run into any issues or can’t complete the project for any reason, I refund your payment in full. Otherwise, after development is finished, I will email you the finished thinkScript to you as a ThinkOrSwim sharing link that automatically imports the code into your system.
I stand behind my work. If, after you have a chance to use the script, you find a mistake or error, I see it as my obligation to make it right. I’m proud of the work I do, and I have no desire to cheat anyone. Frankly, your few hundred dollars is not worth the stress … I’d sooner just do the work for free than try to charge you for something that doesn’t work right.
Submitting a Request
A good template to follow might be to include any screenshots of examples, a general description of what you’re trying to do, and a detailed list of requirements, like such:
- A list of conditions required for a signal to be considered valid. EXAMPLES:
- Scan or Strategy Signal: “The closing price is above the 200 period simple moving average.”
- Indicator: “The ratio of share volume to tick volume.”
- Watchlist Column: “Overnight percent change from yesterday’s close.”
- How the output should be formatted. EXAMPLES:
- Columns: “I want it to highlight red when XYZ condition is true.”
- Indicator: “I want it to be plotted as a lower chart study bar graph.”
- Strategy: “I want it to say “Buy here” when a signal is generated, and “Sell here” when a target is reached.”
The more rigid, clear and precise you can be the better. This will help make sure the ThinkScript is finished exactly to your specifications the first time, and avoid misunderstandings. Remember, computers only speak in true or false. So the closer you can get to that when describing what you want, the better. 🙂